Thursday, February 19, 2009

Green Home Electronics Tips


Did you know that as long as appliance is plugged in it drains electricity, driving your power bill through the roof and wasting precious energy? One simple way to help the environment and save money at the same time is to unplug appliances when you are not using them. Sometimes it isn’t convenient to have to plug appliances in repeatedly. Try to think sensibly about which plugs you don’t need plugged on a daily basis. In my home office I was able to take my computer, printer and monitor and plug them into an appliance saving power strip. Whenever I need to power-up I only have to plug one plug. At the same time I have ensured that if there is a power surge or failure while my appliances are plugged in my equipment is protected. It may not be practical to unplug every appliance after each and every use but if you start by simply unplugging five appliances

No comments:

Post a Comment